Sunday, September 19, 2010

Make a Day of It

On Sunday I went to the park and did something I call Basketball Aerobics.

It is fairly simple. I dribble a basketball for about an hour and go from end to end or side to side of a basketball court while listening to my iPod. It is just constant motion. I try to bounce the ball in rhythm to the music ... and that's about all there is to it. It is one of those "it works for me" things. Sometimes I jump rope too. If you try it, make sure you are properly hydrated.

This week I also walked the dogs daily, ran 14 miles, jumped rope once, and lifted weights a couple times. Twice, I think? Definitely, not four.

When you see someone whom you think looks really thin, it could be because of the number people carrying just a wee bit much is the norm. That perspective left an extra five to 10 pounds on me for a long time.

Calculate your body mass index (BMI) and see where you stack. The first time I did this I was floored. And it wasn't in the good way.

When my writing assignments go up, my word count here goes down. I guess that's a good thing.

Did you happen to catch the name of the photographer of the pic?

No comments:

Post a Comment