Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Does P90X Bring It in 90 Days?


I really should try and write stuff about fitness more often. I enjoy it a lot; my wife loves it; we both live better due to it. So, with that said, I will post again next year.

About six weeks ago, my wife and I began Tony Horton's P90X exercise program. We started out doing it together and then branched off due to my wife having to rest two days due to a minor injury. Surprisingly, we discovered that by doing the program's sessions alone instead of together, we were both getting more out of the program doing it at our own pace.

Men's Health Magazine recently wrote an editorial that dissed P90X and Tony Horton, and then shortly thereafter did a follow-up piece by Joe Kita that was more in tune to Mr. Horton and P90X. In between the first and second editorial, Tony Horton's book, Bring It, was released. Meanwhile, the original "dis" article on Horton was pulled down from MH's website. The above link is a reference only to it and not that article.

Now, here is where it gets interesting. Rodale, the publisher of Men's Health magazine is also the the publisher of Tony Horton's Bring It. A reader posted a comment online stating that he would like to see someone, without any ties to Rodale, Tony Horton, MH magazine, P90X, or in general, any other moneymaker here, use P90X and then tell their story.

That sounds like a plan, as I don't know any of those guys. As far as progress with the program goes, so far, so good (I guess?)

As of today, January 12, 2011, I have completed 38 of the 90-day program. We'll see how it goes.

BS-free content; I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment